The welding sheds are mechanical components that are used to carry out welding operations in external environments: they perform the fundamental function of ensuring operator safety and protecting the pipeline from atmospheric agents (wind, rain, dust, etc.).
There are various types, depending on the characteristics of the joint concerned: let’s see the most common ones.
- Sheds for automatic excavation welding:they are used in the case of pipes laid along a trench excavation; they consist of a metal frame closed with polycarbonate panels and have, at the bottom, flexible strips capable of adapting to the shape of the ground; they can be adjusted according to the diameter of the pipes to be welded.
- Excavation cages with welding protection: his type of shed is also used with pipes positioned in a trench excavation; unlike the previous ones, they consist of a rigid frame composed of metal bars and grates; also they can be adjusted according to the diameter of the joints to be welded.
- Sheds for automatic welding: they consist of a metal frame closed with polycarbonate panels and can be adjusted according to the diameter of the joints to be welded (the maximum diameter depends on the particular type); if the pipes are smaller it will be add a reduction mask.
The shed must be positioned on the joint to be welded following a series of instructions for use:
- The lifting arm must be located above the appropriate hook;
- The shed must now be hooked, with reference to the use that will be made of it: a central hole will be chosen for horizontal positioning, a lateral hole for an inclined arrangement;
- Paying the utmost attention, it will be necessary to lift the protection from the ground and bring it over the pipe;
- Finally, the shed will slowly drop into the pipe to be welded.
If you need to carry out operations of this type outdoors, the solution that best suits your needs is undoubtedly the use of a welding shed: the highly qualified staff of GFB, a company specialized in the production of equipment for the pipeline, will know help you in choosing the welding huts that are right for you.