Industrial sandblaster: complete guide
The industrial sandblasting machine is an essential construction machine for carrying out the sandblasting process. Therefore, this surface cleaning process is carried out through the mechanical force of abrasive materials propelled by a jet of air. In other words, it consists of eroding the most superficial part of a material using a strong jet of sand and air.
Tables of content:
The main components of the sandblasting machine are:
- Tank that contains the abrasive. Therefore the sand mixes with the jet of compressed air that will come out of the blasting nozzle.
- Tube for transporting abrasive.
- Sandblaster nozzle through which sand comes out at high speed.
Operation of the sandblaster
It functions very simply and follows three steps:
- First of all, the abrasive material placed in the tank mixes with the compressed air jet. A regulating valve doses the amount of sand, adapting it to the type of work and the material.
- Secondly the pressure pushes the mixture into the “abrasive tube.” Another valve allows the air/sand mixture to be adjusted.
- Finally, the mixture exiting the nozzle reaches the surface at a high speed.
Some advices that allow you to perform the perfect sandblasting
- Firstly, important is the choice concerning the size of the nozzle. For example, on soft materials a large nozzle is chosen, and on hard or thick materials a small nozzle is needed.
- Secondly, the type of grit is chosen. This goes by the material of the workpiece to be sandblasted: silica sand, quartzite powder, sodium bicarbonate, corundum or silicon carbide.
- Third, the size of the grit is important. It increases the impact force as the size of a grit increases.
- Finally, the air pressure that imparts velocity to the sand.
Advantages industrial sandblaster
- With this machine you can reach the entire surface including corners or coves.
- Sandblasting makes the surface much more homogeneous and uniform. Therefore, depending on the type of surface to be cleaned, the most appropriate treatment is chosen. This is thanks to immediate control and progressive removal using the gun.
- The sandblasting machine can process many materials. For example, all metals, glass, ceramics.
In conclusion, the air sandblaster machine is needed to restore and clean surfaces. Compressed air expels the abrasive material of silica sand or metal blasting grit.
This method of metal surface preparation is therefore used for:
- Rust removal
- Mechanical repairs, remove grease sludge and paint residue
- Repair and maintenance of dies for sheet metal work or castings
- Artistic glasswork
Sandblasting is a popular process in the industrial and construction sectors. Thanks to this comprehensive guide now sandblasting is no longer an obstacle!
Contact us and come discover our sandblasting machines at Via Cisa, 60 43014 Felegara.