iNTERNAL STELLAR COUPLERS
WITH MANUAL HANDLING
The Stellar Coupler with Manual Handling is a piece of equipment designed to couple the heads of two successive pipelines, keeping them firmly in place during the welding process. It consists of two opposite rays (two stars), supplied with adjustable heads lower extremities.
The Star Couplers with Manual Handling are available in sizes ranging from 20’’ to 56’’: the maximum size is roughly equal to its nominal size, for a width of about 300 mm; the weight varies from about 50 to 135 daN.
Because of the limited weight, the Band can be moved manually. But, if it’s necessary to move it using lifting equipment, it is sufficient to hook it through a lifting strap at any point of the frame itself.
The capacity of the lifting equipment must be at least twice the weight of the Coupler to guarantee safe handling and positioning.
Quotation on request.
Price list and discount table are available by contacting our Sales Department.
Instruction for Use
- Position the Coupler at the junction to be welded
- Adjust, by using the heads located lower the extremities of the rays, the operative provision of each star of the Coupler, making it coincide with the internal diameter of the tube
- Insert the two coupler’s stars inside the two pipelines: one star for each pipeline
- Check weekly the machine status and the functionality of the adjustable heads
- Check monthly for any anomalies or obvious defects on the structure tubes
|INNER TUBE MEASURES (INCHES / MM)||SHIPPING WEIGHT (KG)|
|<20’’ / 450 mm||< 190 kg|
|<22’’ / 500 mm||< 210 kg|
|<24’’ / 550 mm||<230 kg|
|<26’’ / 610 mm||<280 kg|
|<28’’ / 660 mm||<310 kg|
|<30’’ / 710 mm||<330 kg|
|<32’’ / 760 mm||<350 kg|
|<36’’ / 860 mm||<380 kg|
|<40’’ / 960 mm||<410 kg|
|<42’’ / 1010 mm||<480 kg|
|<48’’ / 1160 mm||<532 kg|
|<56’’ / 1420 mm||<580 kg|
– Adjust, by using the heads located lower the extremities of the rays, – the operative provision of each star of the Coupler, making it coincide with the internal diameter of the tube
– Insert the two coupler’s stars inside the two pipelines: one star for each pipeline