Internal Stellar Couplers with
Handling on Trolley or Wheels
The Star Coupler with Wheel Handling is a piece of equipment designed to couple the heads of two subsequent pipelines, keeping them in place during the welding process. It consists of two opposite rays (two stars), supplied with adjustable heads lower extremities.
Star Couplers with Wheel Handling are available in sizes ranging from 20 ’’ to 56’’: the maximum size is roughly equal to its nominal size, for a width of about 300 mm; the weight varies from about 50 to 135 daN.
Because of the limited weight, the Band can be moved manually. But, if it’s necessary to move it using lifting equipment, it is sufficient to hook it through a lifting strap at any point of the frame itself.
The capacity of the lifting equipment must be at least twice the weight of the Coupler to guarantee safe handling and positioning.
Quotation on request.
Price list and discount table are available by contacting our Sales Department.
Instruction for Use
- Position the Coupler at the junction to be welded
- Adjust, by using the heads located lower the extremities of the rays, the operative provision of each star of the Coupler, making it coincide with the internal diameter of the tube
- Insert the two coupler’s stars inside the two pipelines: one star for each pipeline
- Check weekly the machine status and the functionality of the adjustable heads
- Check monthly for any anomalies or obvious defects on the structure tubes
|INNER TUBE MEASURES (INCHES / MM)||SHIPPING WEIGHT (KG)|
|<20’’ / 450 mm||< 870 kg|
|<22’’ / 500 mm||< 890 kg|
|<24’’ / 550 mm||<910 kg|
|<26’’ / 610 mm||<930 kg|
|<28’’ / 660 mm||<935 kg|
|<30’’ / 710 mm||<960 kg|
|<32’’ / 760 mm||<980 kg|
|<36’’ / 860 mm||<990 kg|
|<40’’ / 960 mm||<1100 kg|
|<42’’ / 1010 mm||<1300 kg|
|<48’’ / 1160 mm||<1600 kg|
|<56’’ / 1420 mm||<2100 kg|
– Adjust, by using the heads located lower the extremities of the rays, – the operative provision of each star of the Coupler, making it coincide with the internal diameter of the tube
– Insert the two coupler’s stars inside the two pipelines: one star for each pipeline